Friday, July 10, 2009

What are Computer Basics?

I'm sitting here with my computer in my lap and thinking about the curriculum for my newly created class for 6th graders. It's called Computer Basics, but the name is about the only thing I have settled on. What are the computer basics that 6th graders need to know to become computer savvy? This class could go in so many different directions that it is hard to know where to begin. Any ideas? You'd think that after creating two, count them...TWO, new classes last year that I'd be an expert. But right now I'm at a loss. And I'm quickly running out of time. School starts in 39 days, 18 hours, 28 minutes, and 8 seconds (and counting) and I need to start writing a basic plan. But where do I begin? How much do they know when they come to me? How basic is basic? I just don't know! If anyone knows of a website I can refer to that will help with this endeavor, PLEASE let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment